Job ID 7798
Career Level Senior Coder
Experience 2-5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Review patient accounts and perform appropriate follow up actions to resolve the outstanding balance according to best practice standards.
- Complete and send appropriate claim forms according to CMS and third-party payor guidelines.
- Follow up with medical insurance payors regarding the status of outstanding claims.
- Contact patients and guarantors regarding outstanding self-pay balances due.
- Compose correspondence to insurance payors, third parties, and patients regarding the resolution of outstanding balances and claim appeals.
- Document all actions taken in Client host system.
- Adhere to HIPAA, patient confidentiality and compliance requirements at all times.
- Research payor rules and regulations to maintain current payor knowledge.
- Demonstrate service excellence to all patients, clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of the AR process.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization.
- Solid computer/technology skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and internet resources.