Job ID 6843
Career Level Senior Coder
Experience 2-5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Perform a variety of activities involving the coding of medical records by ascribing accurate diagnosis and CPT codes as per ICD-10 and CPT systems of coding.
- Perform Coding for records pertaining to surgeries performed with a minimum of 96% accuracy and as per turnaround time requirements.
- Exceeds the productivity standards for Medical Coding for Surgery – as per the productivity norms for inpatient and/or specialty specific outpatient coding standards.
- Maintains high degree of professional and ethical standards.
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enables customers to arrest revenue leakage while being in compliance with the standards.
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences.
- To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the following qualification criteria.
- Graduates in life sciences with 2+years of experience in Medical Coding for Surgery speciality
- Experience in Surgery coding is required.
- Exposure to CPT-, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding.
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles.