Job ID 7009
Career Level Senior Coder
Experience 2-5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Abstracts clinical information from the ambulance report and assigns appropriate ICD 10 and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- A combined role of ambulance coding, data entry and insurance follow-up.
- Coder is responsible for daily coding, denial management, charge hold, RAI resolution and abstraction for EMS- Ambulance Coding (Emergency).
- Participate in internal QA audits.
- Analyzes, enters, and manipulates database. Knowledge in ICD-10 coding is required. Flexible to do insurance follow-up and take patient phone calls as needed.
Skills Required :-
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Professional Coding Certification (CPC, CCS or CCA)
- Data Entry experience.
- Ambulance coding experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical coding
- experience EMS