Job ID 2312
Career Level Coder
Experience 1-2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- The coder reads the documentation to understand the patient’s diagnoses assigned
- Transforming of healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes
- Creating uniform vocabulary for describing the causes of injury, illness & death is the role of medical coders
- Medical coding allows for Uniform documentation between medical facilities
- The main task of a medical coders is to review clinical statements and assign standard Codes
- Coding and abstracting information from provider patient medical records and hospital ancillary records per facility and/or state requirements.
- Following strict coding guidelines within established productivity standards.
- Attending meetings and in-service training to enhance coding knowledge, compliance skills, and maintenance of credentials.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Mandatory to Have – IVR Prospective coding & Both CPT & ICD-10CM Mandatory
- 1+ years of experience working with CPT and ICD-10 coding principles, governmental regulations, protocols and third party requirements regarding medical billing.
- Coding certification is Mandatory, should have exposure in IVR
- Should have experience in auditing and should play an mentor role for fresher.
- Ability to communicate (oral/written) effectively in English to exchange information with our client