Job ID 1479
Career Level Coder
Experience 1-2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewed inpatient medical records and assigned accurate ICD-10-CM and PCS codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Assigned and sequenced codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
- Assigned POA indicators correctly.
- Thorough understanding and application of medical necessity, DRGs, APGs, and APRs for processing claims
- Adhered to coding clinics and guidelines, and queried physicians for clarification as needed.
- Checking on the account status on regular basis if kept on Hold and follow up with respective leaders when in needed.
- (1-2) +Years experience in Medical Coding
- Education Any Graduate
- Successful completion of a certification program from AHIMA or AAPC.
- Mandatory Certification- CCS Or CIC.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Familiarity with ICD-10 CM & PCS codes and procedures