Job ID 1376
Career Level Coder
Experience 1-2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
In this role you will be Responsible For the:
- The coder reads the documentation to understand the patient’s diagnoses assigned
- Transforming healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical alphanumeric codes
- Creating uniform vocabulary for describing the causes of injury, illness & death is the role of medical coders
- Medical coding allows for Uniform documentation between medical facilities
- The main task of a medical coder is to review clinical statements and assign standard
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Apply understanding of anatomy and physiology to interpret clinical documentation and identify applicable medical codes.
- Applied knowledge of CMS HCC, and HHS Marketplace risk adjustment coding guidelines.
- Well-versed with ICD-10 guidelines and their implementation
- Exceptionally skilled in determining valid encounters including legibility and valid signature requirements of a medical record.
- Keeping track of the errors and calculating the accuracies of the associates.
- Proficient in reviewing medical records and determining the accuracy and completeness of the document
- A critical thinker who ensures that all coding activities are properly managed as per the scope
- Solves moderately complex problems on their own.
- Should have an ownership mindset with respect to guidance, team support, and maintaining team quality.