Job ID 7174
Career Level Coder
Experience 1-2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Medical coding in opthalmology coding.
- Diagnoses and treats eye diseases.
- Some work long irregular hours,but most have a scheduled day with an occasional emergency visit.
- Can work individually in their own practices or in a hospital.
- Using the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9/10) and the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) coding classification systems, assigns codes to all diagnoses and procedures following applicable coding principals and department guidelines; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system for transmittal to billing system
- Assigns ICD-9/ I-10 codes to the chief complaint of outpatient diagnosis accounts; enters into the Epic Hospital Billing system. Enters CPT codes, as appropriate
- Reviews accounts for coding edits and corrects those edits.
- CD-9/CPT coding experience in an acute care hospital OR successful completion of an accredited coding program
- Successful completion of ICD-10 CM (and PCS preferred) training.
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles.
- Experience inopthalmology coding is required.