Job ID 6992
Career Level Coder
Experience 1-2 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- A combined role of ambulance coding, data entry and insurance follow-up.
- Coder is responsible for daily coding, denial management, charge hold, RAI resolution and abstraction for EMS- Ambulance Coding (Emergency).
- Participate in internal QA audits. Abstracts clinical information from the ambulance report and assigns appropriate ICD 10 and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Analyzes, enters, and manipulates database. Knowledge in ICD-10 coding is required. Flexible to do insurance follow-up and take patient phone calls as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Professional Coding Certification (CPC, CCS or CCA)
- Data Entry experience