Job ID 1146
Career Level Senior Coder
Experience 2-5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Duties will include:selecting the correct diagnosis and procedure codes based on documentation and payer specificity requirements.
- communicating with physicians about coding questions and issues; using modifiers to assure clean claims; maintaining current knowledge on coding and billing policies; and other duties as assigned.
Requirements Qualified applicants will possess:
- HS. diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC or CCS-P) certification required, previous experience in professional coding and/or auditing; PC proficiency.
- knowledge of payers in specialty.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding; knowledge of government regulations as they relate to teaching physician documentation; and knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology is required.
- Selects the appropriate procedural and diagnostic code based on provider documentation, utilizing.
- HIPAA Standardized Code Set and applying CMS/payor guidelines.
- Ensures that teaching physician documentation and billing requirements are met and are clearly reflected.
- Review provider coding and provide training and feedback on coding questions and issues.
- Assists billing and collections staff with denials and charge correction requests as needed.
- Maintains diagnosis code master files which includes identifying inappropriate codes and informing appropriate medical staff.