Job ID 960
Experience 2-5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of activities involving review of medical records and assign the accurate EM level, procedures, diagnosis and modifiers.
- Accurately assign EM level, modifier, CPT, dx in accordance with coding departmental guidelines maintaining no less than 95% accuracy in choice and sequencing of codes.
- Up to date with the CPT and ICD-10 general guidelines.
- Proficient in EM outpatient coding guideline.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and information security.
Consistently demonstrate time awareness, strive to meet deadlines; reduce non-essential interruptions to an absolute minimu.
- Any graduation with a minimum of 2+ year of coding experience in EM outpatient with minor procedures.
- Certification from AAPC/AHIMA is mandatory
- Knowledge in CPT, ICD-10 CM, HCPCS, MIPS and modifiers.
- Sound knowledge in general coding guidelines and billing guidelines.
- Basic computer knowledge.